Department of Advertising, Sales Promotion & Sales Management
About the Department
The department of ‘Advertising, Sales Promotion & Sales Management‘ started its journey in the year 1997. Within this span of time the course has undergone some changes (From the academic year 2005-06) due to changes in the syllabus and examination pattern. The stream is named as MAJOR course and being treated as almost equivalent to ‘Honours’ course. Any student having the requisite qualification (As per the norms of University i.e. W.B.S.U.) can take the Major course irrespective of their stream mainly in Arts, Commerce and Science. But presently in our college it is restricted to the students of Arts and commerce.
As per the curriculum the main thrust is given in the areas of marketing management, sales management, advertising management and entrepreneurship development.
Apart from the theory papers, students are required to do real life projects (In house) in the fields of marketing, selling and advertisement and on the job training (In various corporate houses) for the partial fulfillment of their curriculum which help them a lot to get jobs.
It is very pleasure to us that among the passed out students approximately all have got their jobs both in public and private sectors as well as engaged in higher studies.
- Sri Prasenjit Biswas, M.A., Associate Professor [In-charge]
- Smt. Riya Ghosh, M. Com. in Marketing, Contractual Teacher [College Appointed]
- Smt. Jayati Ghoshal, M.Com. Guest Teacher
- Smt. Tanaya Dey, Guest Teacher
- Smt. Ayontika Majumder ,Guest Teacher
- In addition to the college central library, the department also offers the facilities of using the departmental library or seminar library with books of all topics related to curriculum.
- Students are also provided with computer facilities to meet the syllabus requirement specially in preparation of project reports.
- Classroom Lectures
- Field studies for project works
- Student seminar and group discussion
- In house project report preparation
- On the job training report preparation.
- A fresher’s welcome is organized with the collaboration of students union between the month of November and January each year. It is the most exciting part for the students (new comers as well as the existing) to meet each other and to build up a cordial relationship among them and also with departmental faculty members.
- Participation of Students in Social Activities and Quiz
- Students of the department participate in college organised social work activities like blood donation camp, campus cleaning services, quiz contests and also participate in the field of sports and other co curricular activities.
Activities of the Department