Department of Physics
About the Department
- General Course introduced in 1969
- Honours Course introduced in 1990
- Intake capacity in Honours course is 36
Sri Sukhdev Pradhan, Laboratory Attendant
Sri Sukanta Sarkar, Lab Attendant (Deputed to Physical Education)
Sri Dipak Ram, Laboratory Attendant
- Seminar Library
- Free Internet Access
- Computational facilities
- Well-equipped laboratories
- Classroom lectures
- Demonstration in Laboratory
- Special Classes
- Student seminars
- Wall Magazine: Departmental Wall Magazine “Glimpses of Basic Physics” is published annually by the department.
- Freshers’ Welcome and Farewell: The students show great enthusiasm in welcoming new entrants to the Department which usually takes place between October and November each year. They also give farewell to the Third Year students. On both occasions cultural functions are arranged by the students of the Department.
- Educational Tours: One day educational tours to various Research Institutes are organised every year. In recent times, students were escorted by teachers to the Centre for Research in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology.
- Seminars: The department organises National/State-level/ District level seminars periodically. Recently, students participated in an International seminar on Large Hadron Collider at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics.