Department of Urdu
About the Department
Established in 2001, the Department of Urdu offers under-graduate General and Honours courses in Urdu. Number of seats allotted for Honours course is 41. Many of the Pass-out students have established themselves in good jobs or are engaged in higher studies.
- Sk. Makhleswar Rahaman, M.A., Associate Professor [In-charge] [In-Charge,UG]
- Md. Taiyab Nuamani, M.A., CWTT [Govt. approved] [In-Charge,PG]
- Dr. Masoom Hasan Ansari, M.A., Ph.D., CWTT [Govt. approved]
- Khurshid Anwar, M.A., PTT [Govt. approved]
- Shahzadi, M.A., PTT [Govt. approved]
- Irshad Ahmed, Guest Lecturer in Urdu [P.G.]
- Dr. Shamim Anwar, Guest Lecturer in Urdu [P.G.]
Seminar Library: The seminar library possesses books of Urdu literature and are issued to the students.
- Classroom lectures
- Organizing Literary seminar in the college and attending literary seminars in other educational institutions.
- Students seminar and group discussion
- Wall Magazine: Interesting literary topics for publishing in the wall-magazine by the students.
- Participation of students in social activities: Students of this department also participate in college-organized social works.
Master’s Degree in Urdu
Post Graduate Course in Urdu has been introduced in 2012. This department, right from its inception has been persistently endeavouring to raise the academic standard of the students by encouraging them through holding of seminars, organisation of workshops and publication of books etc. The department has already published a few monographs/ books to its credit. The opening of the PG Course in Urdu is a sincere attempt of the College to raise the academic level of aspiring students of Urdu honors and to spread the scope of high level academic knowldege.